Vision & Beliefs
Our vision for this Abundant Life Fellowship is to spread the good news of the Kingdom of Jesus Christ to Bay City, Matagorda County and even throughout the world.
The Vision of ALFC is:
- To serve those who want to change their lifestyles: the hurting, the lost, the desperate, the lonely and all those who desire to experience more of God through Jesus Christ the Lord.
- To bring the heart of each person to the heart of God their Savior so they may experience him and be saved, delivered, healed, strengthened, and restored to wholeness by intimate relationship with the Holy Spirit.
- To train those who commit to spiritual growth at ALFC, equipping them with the Word and Spirit, so they may establish a life that glorifies and serves the Savior, our Lord Jesus Christ.
- To help offer opportunities for people to make lasting relationships with each other and
- To help spread the gospel locally and worldwide by supporting various missionary endeavors as the Lord leads.
We Believe. . .
- ...the Bible is the inspired and only infallible and authoritative written word of God.
- ...there is one God, eternally existent in three persons; God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- ...in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His atoning death on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in his personal future return to this earth in power and glory .
- ...in the blessed hope -- the rapture of the Church at Christ's coming.
- ...the only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the precious blood of Jesus Christ.
- ...regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for personal salvation.
- ...water baptism is our initial act of obedience in response to Jesus’ command in Matthew 28:19 and Romans 6.
- ...in the partaking of Communion together. 1 Corinthians 11:23 - 32
- ...the baptism in the Holy Spirit, according to Acts 2:4, is given to believers who ask for it.
- ...the redemptive work of Christ on the Cross provides healing of the human body in answer to believing prayer.
- ...in the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a holy life.
- ...in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost - one to everlasting life, and the other to everlasting damnation.
- ...in praise and worship as recorded in the Psalms with dancing, clapping, stringed instruments and lifting of hands.
- ...in the manifestation of the gifts of the Spirit as recorded in I Corinthians 12
- ...in giving of the first fruits of our financial increase and the giving of offerings and alms for the needy as the Spirit leads..