Notes from the Message Trusting in the Midst of Trouble
Listen to the Podcast for the full message
8 Benefits of Trusting in the Lord
1. Trust in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Psalms 37:3-5 Trust in the Lord, and do good; Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness. 4 Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
5 Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass.
2. Trusting in the Lord brings greater happiness and joy in life –
Proverbs 16:20He who heeds the word wisely will find good, And whoever trusts in the Lord, happy is he.
3. Our mind stays in peace when we stay focused on the Lord.
Isa 26:3 You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You.
4. Fruitful in all times, not anxious in the year of drought or famine
5 Thus says the LORD:
"Cursed is the man who trusts in man And makes flesh his strength,
Whose heart departs from the LORD. 6 For he shall be like a shrub in the desert, And shall not see when good comes,
But shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, In a salt land which is not inhabited. 7 "Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, And whose hope is the LORD. 8 For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters,
Which spreads out its roots by the river, And will not fear when heat comes;
But its leaf will be green, And will not be anxious in the year of drought, Nor will cease from yielding fruit. NKJV
5. Those who trust in the Lord will be delivered from wicked schemes and plans of evil people
39 But the salvation of the righteous is from the LORD;
He is their strength in the time of trouble.
40 And the LORD shall help them and deliver them;
He shall deliver them from the wicked, And save them,
Because they trust in Him. NKJV
6. Mercy of the Lord surrounds those who trust in Him –
10 Many sorrows shall be to the wicked; But he who trusts in the Lord, mercy shall surround him. 11 Be glad in the Lord and rejoice, you righteous; And shout for joy, all you upright in heart!
7. Those who trust in the Lord will be prospered
Prov 28:25, 26
He who is of a proud heart stirs up strife, But he who trusts in the Lord will be prospered.
8. Those who trust in the Lord will be safe and security –
The fear of man brings a snare, But whoever trusts in the Lord shall be safe.
How do we trust Him?
1. With all your heart and do not focus on your own understanding. Prov 3:5-6
2. Its learning to dwell in the secret place of prayer and worship and His presence. Psalm 91
3. Its learning to say with our mouth, our heart and what we really believe. Its in the fire what we believe will come out of our mouth.
4. Children trust in their parents with humility or dependence.